Crazy people don't know they're crazy. And I'm perfectly fine.

This blog was created out of complete boredom and psychosis. According to the School Sargeant Major (SSM) of the Officer Cadet School of the Singapore Armed Forces, 'psychosis' is characterized by 'a sudden rush of shit to the brain'. My Assistant-Wing Sargeant Major, however, calls it 'shitalitis'. Both describe the same thing.

Monday, October 01, 2007

Fuck life.

Previously listening to: Imogen Heap - Hide & Seek (DJ Tiesto's In Search of Sunrise 6 Mix)
Currently listening to: Imogen Heap - Hide & Seek (Dj Yukun's U2 vs Imogen Heap Mash Mix)
Loves listening to: right. Like we can't tell.

This morning I woke up ... at 645am for my class... and it was dark. It was a sudden awakening, to the sound of Daft Punk's 'Aerodynamic'. It used to be bright in the mornings. But it's getting darker. Brighter later, darker earlier, darker longer. I was happily dreaming about being at MoS with the boys and especially my lil brother Gabe... with Armin Van Buuren spinning a 4hr set. (He's coming to DC on Nov 10, that's why.) Then as we're walking outside... I dream that a guy on the street has 'Aerodynamic' as his ring tone.. and....... yea.

I think I have Seasonal Depression. I guess a lot of people suffer from it. So it's not big deal. But hey, it's happening. The weekend was spent rather sober. Thanks to the fucking sciatica in my left leg. "Don't be drinkin now Greg." - Dr.Patterson. Not that I drink a lot anyways.

Saturday was spent drinking a Hoegaarden out of a hexagonal pint glass. "It brings out the flavor." Damn fucking straight it does. Drinking out of a glass let's you taste the beer, and if the glass is deep, you can even smell the orange peels rising outta that Hoegaarden. (Heineken requires a different glass, and so does stout, or any other lager etc. Go figure, bitch.)

Then I went to see Evan Almighty with Scotty boy. Twas a sober day. I don't know man. I went to see it cos it's a funny movie, and cos of Lauren Graham. Funny as it is, it made me think about God and religion in general. A couple weeks ago, as I was pondering about all this shit... two guys come up to me for a little survey using picturecards. They were from CRU (some Christian organization on campus) which... was fine with me. And one of them gave me a book titled 'Jesus without Religion'. (I read two chapters and exams happened. But I shall post about it when I'm done.) Which... kinda made me think about "God works in mysterious ways." Ya know? It always hits you when you least expect it. "When people ask God for patience, he doesn't just suddenly give them all the tolerance in the world. He gives them an opportunity to acquire it." - Morgan Freeman as 'God'. Well, that wasn't a quote but it was somewhere along those lines. So.... is this an opportunity for 'salvation' and so I won't burn in hell for eternity when I'm done with this life?

I guess Saturday was movie night. Cos we went back to the apartment and put Layer Cake on. If you haven't seen it, you should. It stars Daniel Craig (james Bond?) and Sienna Miller (crazy bitch from Alfie who is super hot). It's got a crazy plot and involves lots of drugs and some violence. British movie, so... funny ass comments. It's also got a sick soundtrack. (Which is on repeat in my iPod. eg. FC Kahuna's 'Hayling' and the Stones' 'Gimme Shelter'.) What I loved too was the tailored blazers, suits... boots.. jeans... all that GQ shit. This "boss" dude was riding around in a Bentley with his own security force, and his driver was ex-Scotland Yard. I bet he's got his personal clothier too (judging from the fact that he has his own library.) Keeps life in perspective.

I don't know. I think being sober in this town is getting to me. I need a night @ Hacienda with the boys, downing a pint (yes, just one.) of Hoegaarden or Kilkenny or some proper beer on tap. Why do we pay 8 bucks for a pint? Cos of the fucking ambience dumbass! Cos I wanna drink my beverage out of a GLASS. Not a fucking red plastic cup. Cos I wanna taste beer. Not fill my bladder with callous fluid. I wanna talk about shit I can't afford, like that new BMW 330Ci that costs SGD300K or whatever. About the new Audi A5 that's coming out, or the Maserati Quattroporte (in white with Tan interior) I'd like as a family car when I'm about 40-45. Or about how Stephen loves Chinese movies although he's Indian, Ben's hardcore gayness, Adriel's 'power fade' that could possibly return to the tee box. About those times we shared in the depths of Maju Camp, happily typing emails at 7am, writing documents till 4am for the 6am run/march/activity. About LIFE.

Fuck that "light" beer out of a nasty silver can. Fuck the red plastic cup. Fuck beer pong and flipcup. Fuck vodka in a plastic 1.75L bottle (are you serious?? Doesn't cleaning alcohol come out of a plastic bottle??). Fuck drinking till you get drunk. Fuck brightly lit apartment parties that make you feel self conscious and awkward because you don't know anyone but who gives a fuck because everyone else is feeling the same way. Fuck the state troopers. Fuck dirty elevators. Fuck seasonal depressional disorder. Fuck that cigarettes cause cancer. Fuck the niceties of a small rural town in the middle of fucking nowhere.
Fuck life. FUCK COLLEGE.




I'd buy one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home