Crazy people don't know they're crazy. And I'm perfectly fine.

This blog was created out of complete boredom and psychosis. According to the School Sargeant Major (SSM) of the Officer Cadet School of the Singapore Armed Forces, 'psychosis' is characterized by 'a sudden rush of shit to the brain'. My Assistant-Wing Sargeant Major, however, calls it 'shitalitis'. Both describe the same thing.

Monday, October 15, 2007

2007: The Year of Change

My friend Terrie and I had a rough year (Fall 2006, and Spring 2007). At the turn of the last calendar year, I managed to quit smoking and dealt w/my alcoholism. Then my grades got better, and transitioned into one of the best summers I've had in a while. As for Terrie, things looked up too. She started running, doing more cardio, getting things done, like how she wanted it.

The past two months here have shown me a lot more about change. I still hold my resentment towards State College, for making my life a duality of silent misery and enthusiasm for education. I vow never to return again. As you grow, your thoughts get deeper. You get more discerning. You learn to make decisions and actions that hold greater consequence, and accept responsibility for those consequences. You learn to push through, not veering off the course you've chosen.

I'm afraid I can't say the same for some people - the ones that I trusted, the ones whom I thought mattered just a little more than the everyday acquaintance. I'm glad for the ones who are have not failed me time and time again. They'll be coming to my wedding and having champagne for breakfast. (and lunch, and dinner.)

I'm also glad I've met a handful of genuine people here. Better than none. And I'm thankful. It's a good change.

So begins another little chapter in my life, where I have decided to let the following people out of my life:
-the ones who are fucked up
-the ones who don't care
-the ones who pretend to care
-the ones who don't want to grow up
-the ones who will never grow up

And welcome the following:
-the ones who are genuine
-the ones who care
-the ones who try
-the ones who want to grow up
-the ones who make me smile from time to time

2007: The Year of Change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home