Crazy people don't know they're crazy. And I'm perfectly fine.

This blog was created out of complete boredom and psychosis. According to the School Sargeant Major (SSM) of the Officer Cadet School of the Singapore Armed Forces, 'psychosis' is characterized by 'a sudden rush of shit to the brain'. My Assistant-Wing Sargeant Major, however, calls it 'shitalitis'. Both describe the same thing.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Is Counterculture a culture of its own?

So I've been thinking that perhaps the reason I like trance, photography, art, films, and pondering about aesthetics and mysteries of the universe is because I am anti-mainstream. I was listening to the radio today, and there was Nickeback, Jay-Z and all those mainstream artistes on. And for some reason, they just don't interest me. It's not BAD music, but ... it's not just... appealing. I've been listening to indie music since I knew how to look for them on the internet. Then from there, a little more mainstream in terms of Oasis, Radiohead, etc. After that came the discovery of trance/ambient/electronic, and I've never looked back. Right now in college all people listen to is hip hop/R&B, and "college music" like The Fray, Angels and Airwaves, Snow Patrol, Gym Class Heroes, etc. I've gotten into a jazz phase, as well as a classic rock phase. Is that trying to be anti-mainstream?


So my friend May (who's here with me for Thanksgiving break) loves her school to bits. And she says she gets sad when she hears people hating their school. Like me for instance. Cos it's paying so much money to go to a place you hate. And also, it's supposed to be the best time of your life. I mean, I can't wait to get out to go to work, because working life is so fun. College life blows. Schedules, homework, drunk kids, immature fuckers. I mean. Seriously. Should I transfer?

I remember the days when I used to get drunk every weekend in Manila. I think I stopped getting drunk after that. I don't know why. I didn't see a point. I didn't see a need. I didn't see a want to wake up with a hangover on Saturday and Sunday mornings. But I did it. Was it "going w/the flow"? I remember having so much fun. Should I go back to doing it? Just so I can forget about how fucking shitty my school is? It's so tiring to fight it. But that's just me. So should I keep fighting it?

Maybe one day it'll all stop. And I'll wake up from this shitty dream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home