Crazy people don't know they're crazy. And I'm perfectly fine.

This blog was created out of complete boredom and psychosis. According to the School Sargeant Major (SSM) of the Officer Cadet School of the Singapore Armed Forces, 'psychosis' is characterized by 'a sudden rush of shit to the brain'. My Assistant-Wing Sargeant Major, however, calls it 'shitalitis'. Both describe the same thing.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

So I'm lookin out the window...

And I come to another realization of why I resent Penn State. I see the kids and their families decked out in their football jerseys, walking to the stadium, ready to watch the team trample on Temple. (wow, a lot of T's there.) Then on AIM, everyone's away message says "Let's Go State!". Why State, and not Penn State? Well, no shit, what other state can there be if all you know IS Pennsylvania?

When these kids were growing up, and thinking of college, probably the only place they could think of, and wanted to go, was Penn State. And when they're finally here, it's like having a dream come true, therefore they embrace every single moment of it as if it were their dream. They let their lives be consumed by "college". (It isn't just a place anymore, it's a culture.)

So how does this relate to where I stand? Well, Penn State for me was more like an "I guess I'll just go here..." instead of "fuck fuck fuckity fuck if I don't get in I'll be so disappointed" kinda place for me. I applied to more schools in Boston and MA than lower south. UVA and U Penn ..... too smart for me, honestly. Maybe that's the cause of it all? Not wanting to be here in the first place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home