Crazy people don't know they're crazy. And I'm perfectly fine.

This blog was created out of complete boredom and psychosis. According to the School Sargeant Major (SSM) of the Officer Cadet School of the Singapore Armed Forces, 'psychosis' is characterized by 'a sudden rush of shit to the brain'. My Assistant-Wing Sargeant Major, however, calls it 'shitalitis'. Both describe the same thing.

Monday, December 04, 2006

I never really felt quite the same...

Counterclockwise, by Greg Yip. Washington D.C, in front of the Smithsonian Castle:
As we hurtle through space at 16000miles an hour (or some ridiculouslyfastspeed), the days get crossed off our calendars - and as the saying goes, "same shit different day." Time is but a figment of our imagination. Numbers used as a referece for progress. Is there really forward motion and direction? Life is but a big taxonomic cauldron of shit.

I told myself never to regret anything. What's done is done. What's not done is not done. That's the way it is. Let go. For holding on causes sadness, anger, and ill emotion. So why am I such a mess right now? Because it is not what has passed that stirs me, but what is to come.

Perhaps I should take it a day at a time. Nothing more, nothing less. Cross the bridge when I get there, then burn it as I get to the other side. A day at a time. A unique individual, stuck in a unique place she said. 'Unique' in a sea of 'same' isn't so much a good thing when it takes you to the edge. The edge of questioning ontology. To be, or not to be, is no longer the question, but the choice.

It's not where you go, it's what you do when you get there. And what happens when you get to a place void of activity, void of intellect, and void of life? What DO you do? Will you choose to exist, or will you choose to meld into the abyss? Life's just full of choices now isn't it? Fuck.

I never really felt quite the same, since everyone left. I'm almost leaving myself. But trying hard to stay. It ain't easy when no one's really around. Fuck them.

There's no one to blame.

Hands of Time by Groove Armada:

Keep looking through the window pane
Just trying to see through the pouring rain
It's hearing your name, hearing your name
I never really felt quite the same,
Since I've lost what I had to gain
No one to blame, no one to blame
Seems to me, can't turn back the hands of time
Oh it seems to me, can't back the hands of time

Seems to me, can't turn back the hands of time
Oh it seems to me, can't turn back the hands of time
Seems to me, history was left behind

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home